Skip to main content

Nugget & The Waterfalls

Waterfalls are some of the most spectacular tourist attractions which should be included on everyone's bucket list. Putting together this list felt near impossible as each waterfall has its own unique features and there's so many around the world, but here are some of the top waterfalls around the world. 
PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK, CROTIA
Plitvice Lakes National Park is Crotia's most popular tourist attraction and I completely understand why. Unlike the other waterfalls featured, Plitvice is made up of sixteen inter-connected crystalline lakes where terrains cascades into each other via beautiful waterfalls. The emerald and turquoise  have been compared to lakes in JuiZhaiGou Valley from Nuggets & The Lakes. What I love about this destination is that the falls are not only popular during the summer, but during the winter as the lush green forests transforms into the most beautiful winter wonderland.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/69946600443421445/
HAVASU FALLS, ARIZONA
Havasu falls is the most spectacular waterfall in the Grand Canyon. The surrounding red rocks and mountains makes the flow of the bright turquoise water so much more beautiful. The waters plunges over 100 feet into the pool and spills into numerous secondary pools and small dams. This amazing tourist destination is only accessible via hiking in the blistering Arizonian sun, but I've read that these falls make the trip worth it and I really hope that's true.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/355151120598357324/
VICTORIA FALLS, ZAMBIA
Found between Zambia and Zimbabwe,Victoria Falls is one of the seven natural wonders of the world creating a view too majestic for words. The combination of its width of 1708m and height of 108m classifies it as the largest sheet of falling water in the world. One of its most amazing feature is the Devil's Pool. During the dry season, the river dries significantly and visitors walk along the edge of the falls to bathe in the ultimate infinity pool. I don't know if my heart will allow me to enjoy a bath on a cliff of death. Take a look at the video below for a 360 degree experience of Victoria Falls.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/388013324129684745/
BIGAR WATERFALL, ROMANIA
Now I don't know why, but this waterfall looks like it's a home to tiny fairies like Tinkerbell, or maybe I just watch to much tv or have an overactive imagination. It just seems a bit magical the way the water flows from a green mossy carpet forming a water veil as countless tiny streams run alongside the body. Bigar waterfall is situated in the territory of Bozovici, Romania. The fat, rounded, apex shape has made it one of the world's most unusually shaped waterfall and is Romania's most popular waterfall. 
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/325736985525354393/
PONGOUR FALLS, VIETNAM
Pongour Falls is one of the most popular falls in the province and a popular tourist spot. This stunning terraced waterfall is about 40 meters high and 100 meters wide. Water cascades the natural staircases which allows visitors to walk through the falls but if I try to walk...I will fall. The beautiful and poetic scenery has made it a preferred location of locals for romantic meeting and picnics. 
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243827767308244017/
These falls are all too uniquely beautiful to pick my favourite. I love the appearance of Plitvice, the contrast of colours of Havasu is so beautiful, Victoria is beyond majestic, Bigor is magical and Pongour...will tempt me to walk on it and I will fall...But I love them all. Comment below and share some waterfalls around the world which has made it to your bucket list! 

Comments

  1. Omg love those waterfalls. They are definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bigar waterfall is my pick. The water looks like it's actually sparkling. I agree with your thoughts on it being home fairies 😊 looking forward visiting Romania...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the fairies thing couldn't be me alone lol

      Delete
  3. Oh wow.... The Pongour Falls really took it for me.... Definitely would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOOOOO GOUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! Check water dey sah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These falls are breathtaking! I've seen some beautiful falls in my life, but none compares to these, truly amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Travel Nugget Posts:

Nugget & The Mountains

As a child,  when you were taught to draw a mountain, it was always some form of an inverted triangle with a rounded top. Drawing a flat-top mountain or multiple pillars would definitely be considered incorrect in art class. However, these mountains prove otherwise. CAPPADOCIA, ANCIENT REGION OF ANATOLIA Cappadocia is a historical region which lies in the plateau of central Anatolia, Turkey. It's most amazing feature is the unique chimney fairy rocks which were formed by volcanic eruptions and erosion which shaped the pillars. Humans burrowed into these chimneys and made it their own, building underground cities which I’d like to venture into, just for curiosity's sake. Although I’m fascinated by these structures, I don’t want to see them from standing on the ground. I’ve never been hot air ballooning and the thought of floating in the air always seems scary, but with the amazing view of the Cappadocia landscape, I’ll be willing too.   UNESCO World Heritage Site  -