Skip to main content

Nugget & The Tree Tunnels

Is there anything more magical than walking through a perfect canopy of the most beautiful flowers? It doesn't matter if they were formed through the grace of nature or sculpted by the hands of inspired gardeners. They are nothing short of being both beautiful and enchanting.

GYENOGHWA STATION, JINHAE
For me, Japan is synonymous with sakuras, commonly known as cherry blossoms and to experience a tunnels of them would be amazing. The Gyeonghwa Station in South Korea is one of the top spots to take photos of this pale pink ocean in Jinhae. 
Photo credit:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/306104105897175941/
WISTERIA FLOWER TUNNEL, KITAKYUSHU
The Wisteria Flower Tunnel in the Kawachi Fuji Garden seems to be a scene taken from a fairytale. This enchanting canopy is home to over 150 Wisteria flowering plants. Walking under these multi-coloured tunnel will truly be a magical experience.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/307300374564851444/
TUNNEL OF LOVE, KLEVAN
The Tunnel of Love is found on the outskirts of a little town in Ukraine, Klevan where a private railway track became overgrown by green arches. It is a very popular spot for couples to take photographs mainly due to its name and an interesting legend. It is believed that any wish of someone in love, made while walking through the tunnel will come true. I need to take a walk there, I have some wishes that I need to come true.
 Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/192177109070584634/
BONN, GERMANY
Every spring,  streets in Bonn, Germany becomes tunnelled with flowers, exploding with a beautiful shade of pink as cherry blossoms bloom. Imagine strolling through Germany with such beauty overhead.
Photo credit: www.earthporm.com
GINKGO TREE TUNNEL, TOKYO
I think I can do an entire article on tunnels in Japan, they have so many amazing ones! These dazzling sea of yellow trees were strategically placed to create a beautiful awning in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/532269249682353780/
JACARANDAS WALK, JOHANNESBURG
A purple paradise comes to life each Spring as thousands of jacaranda trees bloom above suburban streets of Johannesburg, South Africa. Over one hundred years ago, these trees were imported from South America and planted along the sidewalks of developing areas to become the beautiful forest it is today.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496451558905314394/
LABURNUM TUNNEL, WALES
The most popular feature of the Bodnant Garden of Wales is the artificial tunnel of beautiful laburnum flowers. When in bloom, it entirely covers the arch and forms a beautiful canopy, similar to that of the wisteria tunnel.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/139822763409692811/
If I had to pick my favourite, it would definitely be Wisteria tunnel and the cherry blossom tunnels. They look so magical. Share your thoughts in the comment section below!


Comments

  1. Well nugget, I think we have similar taste. Your favorites are also mine! :) that means you would be good company to travel with. I hope one day we find ourselves together at some of these beautiful places you've found and put together. Ginkgo Tree Tunnel's picture with the leaves on the floor looks like tortillas chips.... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol they do look like chips!....now i want chips...
      u sound like you'll be an amazing travel buddy :)

      Delete
  2. Germany so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can u imagine walking through those streets? :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks :)
      if u know of anymore nice ones, let me know

      Delete
  4. oooooohhh.. the tunnel of loveeeee!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u have someone to u want to take there? ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm not into flowers....but these things cool. Check out the balisier!!!! *jump and waves* Trinidad famous for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these tunnels nugget! I'd love to visit one day ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which is your favourite ali?!

      Delete
    2. Definitely the cherry blossom tunnels! It's so beautiful ❤️ I won't mind eating chicken nuggets and staring at those blossoms whole day

      Delete
    3. oh, i don't eat nuggets...cannibalism is against my principles

      Delete
    4. Id dip them in honey mustard and gobble away!

      Delete
  7. JAPAN!!!!! I'm trying to get my girlfrend to take me there next year. your should do a blog on Japan tourist spots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please tag me on ig if you take nice pics mr anderson!

      Delete
  8. Germany is definitely my pick...ooh those beautiful cherry blossoms will be a heavenly canopy to walk under...very romantic. Thanks lil nugget you're an excellent travel advisor😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Japan has so many more tree tunnels, not all are as popular as the ones mentioned, but just as beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a lot when I was researching, but these are just a few of my favourite. wish I could feature all

      Delete
  10. This is just beautiful, makes me think of a wedding

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. do you have a favourite one? :)

      Delete
    2. the purple ones, but that yellow is so striking, I've never seen anything like it

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. thanks!
      have a favourite?

      Delete
    2. i love the yellow. I'd love to visit in autumn, seems like the perfect place to be when the eaves fall

      Delete
    3. lol thats so true!
      just dive into a pile of those leaves

      Delete
    4. lol the inner child in me is so ready!

      Delete
  13. nope, I can't pick any favs from this list, all are great
    i just need to make sure and visit when they're in bloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well if you're interested, I can help find out whens the best time of the yr to visit

      Delete

Post a Comment

Other Travel Nugget Posts:

Nugget & Europe

My top places to visit in Europe - Greece, France, Italy and Switzerland. SANTORINI Before I begin, please watch the video below. There's just something magical about it; the way it captures the beauty of Santorini that makes my words fail. If You're already not in love with Santorini, I guarantee that video will make you. I was hoping to find a video that captures my love for Santorini, and it does it so amazingly; the combination of the music with the scences are beyond perfection . This place has my heart and I've never even been there. Maybe it's Oia with it's cascading whitewashed buildings carved into the cliffs, the hues of sapphire water, the gleaming houses or the phenomenal , yet calming, scenry. It seems like a place your soul can go to rest and one day, I'll get there.   Photo credit: foundtheworld.com THE FRENCH RIVIERA Côte d'Azur , also know as The French Riviera; where do I want to go? First stop,  Le Vieux Nice ; a small town ...

Nugget & The Hot Springs

Geothermal hot springs can be found all over the world, but these are some which hold most of the Travel Nugget's interest.  Although some are lethal, the colours are surreal.  THE BLUE LAGOON This shade of blue is so pretty, I can't believe that it's the natural colour of this hot spring. Yes, blue is my favourite colour. The Blue Lagoon is Iceland's most popular feature and I just want to jump into it. Its spectacular shade of blue water comes from a composition of silica, algae and minerals which reflects in the sunlight. The blue lagoon drink was actually named after here. However, the water itself is actually milky white. The lagoon contains 9 million litres of water, renewing itself every 40 hours from beneath the floor. The deepest area in the spring is 1.6 meters with a temperature of 37 to 40 degrees Celsius; both perfect for Travel Nugget bathing. GRAND PRISMATIC SPRING, USA I've seen pictures of this spring before, but I didn't reali...

Nugget & Unorthodox Places

I may not exactly want to visit all these places, but their  uniqueness and weirdness deserves them a right to be blogged about by the Travel Nugget. They're definitely places to go to if you're seeking an adventure. GRUNER SEE, AUSTRIA Gruner See or "Green Lake" is a lake found in the village of Styria, Austria. The name originated from the beautiful emerald green colour of the water. However, the pretty colour isn't the main reason why I'm interested in this spot. During the winter, the lake is merely 3 to 7 feet deep and people enjoy the surrounding county park facilities. However, as Spring approaches and the temperature rises, the snow melts away and the water is collected in this emerald basin transforming it into a beautiful version of a snapshot from the 1995 movie, Waterworld. The water level rises to a maximum depth of 39 feet which swallows the park and many scuba divers explore this water-world. Venturing under these waters, the theme song ...

Nugget & The Blue Holes

Looking for an underwater adventure? Blue holes are usually found in shallow coastal areas and the darker the shade of blue, the deeper it goes. The Travel Nugget won't venture into these depths for 2 reasons. Firstly, diving in these places has a prerequisite of logging over 25 dives so an extreme amateur, like the Travel Nugget, can't. Secondly, the mystery of the creatures that lurk in dark, deep waters scare me. GREAT BLUE HOLE, BELIZE The Great Blue Hole of Belize is the most popular blue hole and I have no idea what its appearance reminds me of. It measures over 300 meters across and 124 meters deep. The blue hole rests in the middle of Lighthouse Reef where an island of corals encircles the shallow area, giving it a beautiful turquoise colour. Many visit by boat and aerial tours while the more adventurous opt for skydiving into the waters. I imagine myself screaming at the top of my voice until I touch the water if I ever attempt that one but maybe, just maybe, ...

Nugget & The Cathedrals

Cathedrals are wonders of architecture which stores exquisite treasures, hidden secrets and rich histories, each unique in its own right. DUOMO DI MILANO, MILAN "...an anthem sung in stone, a poem wrought in marble... They say that the Cathedral of Milan is second only to St. Peter's at Rome. I cannot understand how it can be second to anything made by human hands "    Twain, 1869.  I've never seen a structure more beautiful than the Duomo cathedral. This majestic beauty appears to be fit for royalty, for a King of the highest esteem. If I can't see any other cathedral on my list, I must see at least this one. One of my favourite feature is that visitors have access to the roof, where I'd willingly climb stairs just to enjoy that breathtaking view across Milan and examine the exquisite detail of the sculptures which crowns the structure. This artistic monument was officially started in 1386 and took thousand of workers over approximately 6 centuries of ...