Skip to main content

Nugget & Europe

My top places to visit in Europe - Greece, France, Italy and Switzerland.
SANTORINI
Before I begin, please watch the video below. There's just something magical about it; the way it captures the beauty of Santorini that makes my words fail. If You're already not in love with Santorini, I guarantee that video will make you. I was hoping to find a video that captures my love for Santorini, and it does it so amazingly; the combination of the music with the scences are beyond perfection.

This place has my heart and I've never even been there. Maybe it's Oia with it's cascading whitewashed buildings carved into the cliffs, the hues of sapphire water, the gleaming houses or the phenomenal, yet calming, scenry. It seems like a place your soul can go to rest and one day, I'll get there.
 
Photo credit: foundtheworld.com
THE FRENCH RIVIERA
Côte d'Azur, also know as The French Riviera; where do I want to go?
First stop, Le Vieux Nice; a small town with adorable narrow streets, with beautiful churches, vibrant squares, so many little shops and restaurants. Then to Cours Saleya Flower Market where hopefully, I'll be with someone who buys me a pretty bunch and HOPEFULLY MY SOMEONE IS READING THIS (subtle hints). Follow him on IG for really nice pictures. Then to La Croisette Boulevard where I'll lust after pretty things in the designer shops before visiting the beautiful sandy beaches and lounge on a beach chair. Nearing evening, I'll enjoy a seaside walk on the  Promenade des Anglais, a gorgeous pedestrian stretch that lines the curve of the Baie des Anges beaches.

Photo credit: www.businessinsider.com
ITALY
I think Italy is at the top of most people's travel wish-list. I need to go to Milan to see Duomo Di Milano (see Nuggets & the Cathedrals); Vatican City to see the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica (see Nuggets & the Cathedrals); Venice for the Gondolas; Florence to walk around Piazza del Duomo and Rome to see the Trevi Fountain to Colosseum to everywhere else. Those are just to name a few...clearly, I might need to stay a couple months there to visit all the cities and see all the sites I need to see. and the food, I'm going to be a chubby Nugget. My friend Sammy and I are pasta addicts. Go like her page @ Sammy Cakes, she makes these amazing cakes.
  
 Photo credit:enredadios.com
ZURICH
Do you know that the Swiss consume the more amount of chocolate in the world? I'm so going to become an extra-large nugget when I visit there. I can just imagine myself, enjoying the views of Lake Zürich, eating a barrel of chocolate...
My favourite thing about Zürich is definitely the architecture; the combination of traditional styles with modern trends is so amazing.
Confession - I never understood what the "I'm Switzerland" meant until recently. Apparently it means you're neutral in a given situation because they're always neutral in war. Moving on...

A weird fact about Switzerland, they have a Puppy Tax! You have to pay tax for owning a dog! Maybe it's a good thing...but still, I'd have to pay tax for my Simba. Yes, I'm a puppy person and that's baby Simba there. Read more interesting facts here - 35 Interesting Facts About Switzerland
Photo credit: www.bsdconsulting.com
Those are my top places to visit, comment below and tell me some places you'd like to visit in Europe! maybe I'd add them to my list. Waiting for my European Tour,

Comments

  1. That Santorini video music is WOW. Puppy tax -_-. What is that? I'd really like to become a travel nugget and go all these places...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the music! If u figure out what song it is, please let me know :)
      and yea............u have to register your pup and pay an annual fee I believe

      Delete
  2. In addition to the amazing sights, Europe (especially Italy) should not disappoint your taste buds! The big 3 Ps: pizza, pasta and potatoes. and mushrooms...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to the pastery shops too! Italy will turn me into a chubby nugget

      Delete
    2. @brandon good food is a very important factor for deciding where i want to go!

      Delete
  3. No where in this world is better than the French Riviera. The night life there is insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol So I've read, but Santorini has my heart, I need to go there one day...

      Delete
  4. adding to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you're gonna need a huge bucket with the amt of places you'll be adding ;)

      Delete
  5. So I'm sold on the European Tour...need to visit Santorini especially. Will tell u a secret Travel Nugget..from the looks of it...I might not want to leave..😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please take me with you Ms Maureen! Nuggets are tiny, i can fit in your suitcase :) lol

      Delete
  6. But you're already an exrra large nugget!!
    Bt Greeeceeee!! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! i am not an extra large nugget lol
      i know.. greece is a dream!

      Delete
  7. Hmmm... Italy have some much to offer and so much to see. Great blog, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't even realise how much italy had to offer before, can't wait to go!

      Delete
  8. ITALY! <3 Im so excited to have pasta with you in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I want to move to Venice

    ReplyDelete
  10. too much terrorism, not going europe any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( ....................thanks for your feedback

      Delete
  11. Santorini!!!!! I'll be going there for my honeymoon next yr. I'll tag u in my pics on ig Nuggets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I think Santorini is getting the popular vote lol

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. there was my #1 until I discovered Santorini

      Delete
  14. you should add England to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I MUST VISIT THE FRENCH RIVIERA IMMEDIATELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go on the beach there! and eat the food....

      Delete
  16. Switzerland has my heart....because of all the chocolates lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol chocolate might be the best reason to go!

      Delete
  17. LOVE THE VIDEO ON FRENCH RIVIERA, MAKES ME WANT TO VISIT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Europe....my dream destination.
    loved the vid on Greece the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greece moved to the top of your european list? ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment