Skip to main content

Nugget & The Flower Fields

A post for the plant lovers, the landscape lovers, those who just love to appreciate the beauty of nature and most importantly, for the tea lovers. Here are some of the most unbelievably flower fields around the world.
LAVENDER FIELDS, UK
The British countryside is home to some of the most beautiful lavender fields, just look at those shades of lavender in the pictures below. These fields are maybe the most photogenic ones I've even seen and I'm ever in the UK, I'm definitely visiting and there's lots to choose from. The Lavender farm are usually in full bloom from June to August and my favourite thing bout them is, tourists like myself, are free to walk through and tour the facilities. There's even a nice gift shop that I need to go to because who doesn't love the scent of lavender?
Photo credit: archidom.info
TULIP FIELDS, NETHERLANDS
Mostly a consensus opinion of the masses, the tulips fields of the Netherlands are the most magnificent flower fields in the world. Part of Holland is actually dedicated to these fields which transforms into a vast sea of flowers from March to May. It's so beautiful, aerial views looks like a huge patchwork quilt that was stitched perfectly. I wish I can walk in between those fields, I don't believe that mere pictures can do justice to the sea of flowers and the explosion of colour. Netherlands is even home to Keukenhof Flower Park, the world's largest flower garden where over 7 million flowers are planted annually.
Photo credit: i.dailymail.co.uk
CANOLA FLOWER FIELDS, CHINA
The county of Louping of Yunnan, China is typically quiet until the blooming of the Canola flowers, transforming the area into a vibrant and spectacular sea of yellow beauty. When the Spring season begins, there's even an annual festival is held in honour of the flowers. The fields spread for approximately 133 million square meters and looks like something you just want to dive straight into. Louping is China's primary producer of Canolas and its harvest is used in  the production of cooking oil and honey products.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463096774160024995/
MU CANG CHAI RICE TERRACES, VIETNAM
The design of these rice fields are so amazing, it's like a huge maze that you just want to run through and play. These fields are found in Mu Cang Chai, a rural area of Yen Bai Province in Northeast Vietnam. The Rice Terraces are recognized as unique national landscapes which spans across 2,200 hectares on the mountainside. Narrow layers of terraces ranging from 1 to 1.5 meters were shaped to retain water along the slope of the mountains to grow rice. This majestic feature attracts tourists to the underdeveloped province every rainy season from September to October.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243546292329769030/
LONGJING TEA PLANTATION CHINA
So I am a tea lover and you're either an obsessed tea drinker or not a tea drinker at all. I love it so much, I'd even drink tea when it's all sunny and it's almost always sunny in the Caribbean. Anyway, my point was supposed to be that these fields appeal to me the most because - tea.
Tea drinking is one of China's more cherished and preserved cultural symbols which makes me feel like I belong there, specifically in Hangzhou Longjing Village, where the world's most beautiful and famous tea fields live. Longjing Tea or Dragon Well Tea is a type of green tea which is over 1200 years old and believed to possess healing powers. Interesting fact - the name "Dragon Well" is based on an ancient legend where the village was considered to be blessed by the Chinese Dragon as a clean spring ran continuously through the village.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/820569994576559666/
My favourite to see - the tulip fields because those colours are amazing. My favourite to live in - the tea fields because tea fields... Comment below if you're a tea lover ;) Comment below and share your favourites even if they're not on the list. 

Comments

  1. The Netherlands has always held a special place in my heart and the Tulip fields are soooo beautiful ...this place was always my first love and #1 on my bucketlist... thanks Nugget excellent selection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the feedback :)
      I really hope you do get to your first love one day. I can't imagine how amazing it'll be to walk through those fields

      Delete
  2. The tulips fields are the most wonderful flower fields I've even been to and it should be at the top of anyone's list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you visited the Keukenhof Flower Park?

      Delete
    2. I have, I visited last year and it's beauty is indescribable, I couldn't stop taking pictures and pictures can't even do justice to this wonder

      Delete
    3. I really can't wait to visit!

      Delete
  3. Hello Mr Nuggets, this is a very pretty article.
    Have you ever heard of the Botanical Gardens of Trinidad and Tobago?
    it's very beautiful and maybe you can include it in your list or next post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of there! I'll do a bit more research about it.
      You've visited Ramki?

      Delete
    2. yes, I visited plenty times. There's a zoo right next door so most people visit the zoo, then have lunch in the gardens

      Delete
    3. sounds like a nice day out! thanks for your suggestion :)

      Delete
    4. Flowers....for me??? I do declare Mr. Beauregard... you are my hero!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful article. I love the pictures you included. The lavender fields looks absolutely beautiful but my favourite would have to be the tulip fields. I love those colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :)
      those are my top 2 as well, any others you know of that you'd like to suggest?

      Delete
    2. the Hitachi Seaside Park is so beautiful as well, let me know what you think!

      Delete
    3. those really are so beautiful! I love the design of the park!

      Delete
  5. Nice article Travel Nugget, these are some excellent picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like running through those fields! Nice blog post Nugget :) I'm looking forward to reading much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ali :)
      much nicer posts coming soon!

      Delete
  7. I lived in the UK for 20 years and never even realised there were lavender fields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've only seens pictures, but they look so amazing

      Delete
  8. Tulip and Netherland fields!! ❤❤ If only we had a flower field here 😣

    ReplyDelete
  9. The netherlands is definitely my favourite! but those terraces looks so amazing and perfectly designed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know how long it took to complete those terrace designs

      Delete
    2. the older generations really had innovative methods!!

      Delete
  10. I could just run right through where!
    lavender fields probably smell so good too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm sure they'll smell amazing

      Delete
    2. it'll be great if they sold natural/organic products from the farm. do u know if they do?
      like candles, soaps, etc?

      Delete
    3. I'm not certain if all the fields have them, but I know most of them have little shops. Each of them has websites so you can visit the site before

      Delete
    4. that's such a wonderful amenity. I'll definitely do my research before.
      Thanks travel nugget

      Delete
  11. These are some of the most beautiful fields i have ever seen in my life.. Maybe Sting should have sung about this instead of fields of golds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe......
      you should call him up and let him know to check out the Travel Nugget ;)

      Delete
  12. Is it just me or Vietnam simply has some of the most amazing travel and tourist attractions. The Chai Rice Terraces is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know Vietnam was so beautiful!

      Delete
  13. I've heard of Japan having flower festivals, for the cherry blossom seasons. I checked a few vids of it and it's out of this world!
    you should check it out and maybe feature it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear about the festivals, it looked so magical :)

      Delete

Post a Comment